For the cake:
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 5 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cardamom
- Zest of two Oranges
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- About 25 Dried Figs cut in half
For the glaze:
- Juice of Two Oranges
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 325 F and prepare nine mini tart tins with a thin coating of olive oil and flour.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cardamom, and orange zest.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the honey, olive oil, milk, sugar, and eggs. Mix on medium until smooth and well combined.
4. Slowly mix in the flour mixture until the batter comes together and is thoroughly combined.
5. Pour the batter into the tart tins until they are 3/4 full.
6. Place a few of the halved dried figs into the batter of each of the tins and bake for 18 minutes.
7. Make the glaze by mixing all the ingredients in a large bowl with a spoon until they are smooth and combined.
Makes Nine Mini Olive Oil and Fig Cakes