These Moroccan Spiced Chickpeas are easy to make using ingredients you likely already have in your pantry and spice drawer. Once made, they can be served over a bed of lettuce, in a bowl with rice or quinoa, or wrapped up in a tortilla or pita.
We personally love using the Spicy Tuscan Marinara for an extra kick, but whichever sauce you have on hand will do.
- 1 tablespoon Lucini Premium Select Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon each chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Cinnamon and cayenne to taste
- 2 14-ounce cans chickpeas
- 2 jars of Lucini Organic Tomato Sauce
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and saute until soft.
- Add garlic, spices, salt, and chickpeas – stir until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes sauce and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
We’d love to see how you’re serving these chickpeas. Be sure to tag us on social @LuciniItalia